The Jewish Museum Berlin – a direct federal foundation under public law – is looking to hire:
A head of digital department
Head of Digital Department
by 1 December 2015
Salary Grade 14 (TVöD); initially for a probationary period of two years
with the option of permanent employment
Ref. No. 22/2015
The jobholder reports directly to the program director and is responsible for the planning, supervision, and coordination of digital transformation at the Jewish Museum Berlin. This encompasses, in particular:
• Scientific conception of a cross-departmental digital strategy
• Further development of the online strategy and supervision of its implementation on various platforms
• Planning, scientific conception and coordination of digital applications in exhibitions
• Co-development of cross-departmental, long-term policy for digital preservation
• Establishing cooperative ventures with international cultural, scientific and specialist institutions
• Personnel Management of the Digital Department (inter alia research associates, volunteers)
• Overall responsibility for the budget (planning and controlling)
• A scientific university degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences or Computer Sciences and certified additional competence in Digital Project Management
• Many years of experience of senior management, and proof of excellent social and leadership skills
• Several years of work experience in a company, public institution or NGO concerned with the information society
• An excellent track record in the planning, management, and coordination of digital applications and projects
• A nuanced grasp of language and the proven ability to write and edit well
• A strong working knowledge of Content Management Systems, databanks, and digital editing systems for images, video and sound
• An excellent command of spoken and written German and English
• A high degree of perseverance, self-confidence and personal resilience, a talent for communication and organization, and an acute sense of responsibility
• Preferable: knowledge of Jewish history and culture in Germany
The Jewish Museum Berlin Foundation is an Equal Opportunities Employer and shall provide equal access to, and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or age. Severely disabled persons of equal aptitude will be given special consideration in accordance with German law.
Applications containing the usual documents—and bearing the above Ref. No.—are to be submitted by 14 September 2015 (in-house receipt stamp is binding) to:
Stiftung Jüdisches Museum Berlin, Ms. Vathke, Personnel Office, Lindenstr. 9–14, 10969 Berlin. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to point out that the content of written applications cannot be returned. Please submit only photocopies of your personal documents and refrain from submitting application portfolios. Applications will be destroyed two months after the end of the selection process.
Ms. Mirjam Wenzel, Head of the Media Department, will gladly provide more information about the position. Tel. +49 (0) 30 25993 308.
Inquiries regarding the application process should be addressed to Ms. Vathke. Tel. +49 (0) 30 25993575.