The Jewish Museum Berlin – a direct federal foundation under public law – is looking to hire:
- an Online Editor by 1 October 2014. Salary to be paid according to level 11 of the TVöD; part-time (20 hours per week), temporary contract of 15 months’ duration.
by 1 October 2014. Salary to be paid according to level 11 of the TVöD; part-time (20 hours per week)
This will be a temporary contract of 15 months’ duration.
- Planning, writing, editing (text/image) and proofreading the JMB website
- Scriptwriting and post-production of online-videos
- Planning, writing, and editing (text/image) the blog
- Conceptual and editorial teamwork to re-launch the website
- Editing and proofreading English texts
- University degree in a relevant subject of the humanities (MA/ MSc/ PhD or comparable qualification)
- Publications or work experience attesting to an extensive knowledge of Jewish religion, history and culture
- Comprehensive online editing experience (i.e. experience in writing and editing concise and arresting copy, in using HTML, Photoshop and barrier-free IT access in accordance with German BITV legislation and in working with content management systems and blog software)
- Experience in scriptwriting and editing audio-visual material using relevant software programs
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Experience with project management and project documentation
- Deep interest in general web developments
- Enjoyment and competence in working closely with others
The Jewish Museum Berlin Foundation assures women and men equal opportunities in accordance with German law. Applications from women are encouraged. Severely disabled persons of equal aptitude will be given special consideration.
Applications should include standard documents, they should bear the Ref.-No. listed above, and be submitted by 22 August 2014 (in-house receipt stamp is binding) to: Stiftung Jüdisches Museum Berlin, Ms. Vathke, Personnel Office, Lindenstr. 9-14, 10969 Berlin.
Please kindly refrain from submitting applications in digital form. Documents will be returned to the sender if an adequately stamped, self-addressed envelope is enclosed in the application. All other documents will be destroyed after the selection process.
Please contact Dr. Mirjam Wenzel, Head of the Media Department, if more information about the position is required. Tel: (030) 25993 308.
In the case of display problems, please do not open the PDF document directly but save it on your computer first. You can use the right mouse button to do this.