Educational programs for children and young people, new objects for the collections or the next exhibition – the FRIENDS OF THE JMB support all aspects of the museum.
As a member of the FRIENDS OF THE JMB, you provide the museum with extra scope for action and make it possible to offer a varied program. With your membership, you can point the way to coexistence in diversity, take a stand against antisemitism, and contribute to ensuring that varied Jewish perspectives are visible in society.
Friendship with Impact
Over more than 20 years, the FRIENDS have been able to support many different JMB projects: for children, young people, families, teachers, and professional audiences; from small workshops to event series, from the purchase of individual photographs to large exhibitions.
Become a FRIEND
Give the gift of membership
Meaningful, ongoing, and something truly special: Gift your loved ones a membership to the FRIENDS OF THE JMB! The new member will receive a welcome pack with a membership card, and the exclusive cultural program for FRIENDS four times a year.
Donate to the JMB
Support the museum with your donation. This helps implement projects and exhibitions and enables collection acquisitions, restorations, and the further development of educational programs. All donations received flow directly and exclusively into the JMB's programs, in line with the purpose of the association. Every contribution, large or small, regular or one-time, counts and enables the FRIENDS to continue to support the museum into the future.
Become a corporate member
Companies and company-linked foundations can become part of the FRIENDS OF THE JMB, too. With a membership they support the work of the museum on a larger scale and set a clear sign for tolerance and respect.
Sybille Svoboda and Maxim Ehrlich, FRIENDS OF THE JMB since 2010.
About the FRIENDS
The legal name is the Gesellschaft der Freunde und Förderer der Stiftung Jüdisches Museum Berlin e.V., but we call it the FRIENDS OF THE JMB for short – either way, it has supported the Jewish Museum Berlin since it was established more than 20 years ago. Among themselves, the FRIENDS form an active network from which new encounters, ideas and perspectives have grown. Together, they campaign for tolerant coexistence and social cohesion.
The FRIENDS back the JMB in many ways – financially, spiritually, and with helping hands. They stand by the institution’s side and offer support where it is needed. They are there – just like friends are there for each other. In this way, the FRIENDS promote the museum's mission of clearly demonstrating the values of an open and tolerant society.
FRIENDS achieve more together
Membership fees and donations from FRIENDS give the museum greater scope for action
- They strengthen the strategic goal of establishing the museum as a central platform for Jewish culture in Germany in the digital space.
- They support wide-ranging educational work, in particular for children and young people.
- They enable exciting temporary exhibitions, a new core exhibition and even new buildings, such as the Academy and the ANOHA Children's World.
- They finance the purchase of artworks, objects and photographs from Jewish everyday culture and religious practice. With the acquisitions fund for contemporary art, the FRIENDS strengthen current artistic positions.
- They help develop a rich and varied events program.
- They support the task of preserving and researching the holdings, and making them accessible to the public.
In doing all this, the association exclusively and directly pursues charitable purposes. This means that membership fees and all additional donations are tax deductible.
Members of the board
- Prof. Dr. W. Michael Blumenthal (Honorary Chairperson)
- Dr. Walter Kuna (Chairperson)
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Mangold (Vice-chairperson)
- Burkhard Ischler (Treasurer)
- Hetty Berg
- Sabine Haack
- Cedrik Neike
- Julian Teicke
Do you want to get involved? Then let's become FRIENDS!
- Current page: FRIENDS OF THE JMB: Overview of the friends’ association of the Jewish Museum Berlin
- Become a Member: Experience the JMB up close with FRIENDS
- Gift Membership: Give your loved ones a very special gift
- Donate: Support important projects with your donation
- Cultural Program: Experience the JMB up close with FRIENDS
- Corporate Membership: Advocate for an open society by supporting the JMB
- Prize for Understanding and Tolerance: Every year, the JMB and the FRIENDS honor exceptional individuals for their engagement
- See also
- Support: Other ways to help the JMB