FRIENDS have a more personal experience of the JMB, and each time it's from a fresh perspective. The FRIENDS are connected to each other and the JMB through similar interests and ideas, and through their drive and curiosity.
Together, they take a look behind the scenes of the exhibitions, peek into the collections depot and discover the highlights of the exhibitions through the eyes of the curators. The cultural program also takes the FRIENDS to Jewish life in urban spaces and to places shaped by Jewish artists. In small studios and large theaters, at musical events and exhibitions, in sheltered rooms and outside on the streets, in and around Berlin, on day trips and international cultural tours, they discover the diversity of Jewish perspectives.
Events: Upcoming Events for Friends of the Museum (5)
Upcoming Events for Friends of the Museum
Here you can find an overview of events for our Friends and Sponsors.
GDR on Tuesday
Program accompanying the exhibition Another Country. Jewish in the GDR
Every Tuesday (until 9 Jan 2024), 5.30 pm (in German)
Another Country. Jewish in the GDR
A Curator Tour for FRIENDS OF THE JMB (Please register by 6 Oct 2023)
Wed 27 Sep and Thu 12 Oct + 16 Nov 2023, 5 pm
Nights on Noah’s Ark
Part of the 13th Family Night
Sat, 7 Oct 2023, 5 pm
Jewish in the GDR – An Urban Walk from Hackescher Markt to the New Synagogue Berlin
(Please register by 6 Oct 2023)
Sun, 15 Oct 2023, 3 pm
Hanukkah Karaoke Party for the Whole Family
With performances by Shtetl Berlin
Sun, 10 Dec 2023, 4– 6:30 pm, entrance 3.30 pm
Cultural Program for the FRIENDS Jul–Sep 2023 (in German)Download (PDF / 0.66 MB / in German / not accessible)
Renate Gebler, FRIEND OF THE JMB since 2010.
What do I need to know to register for the FRIENDS cultural program?
- Please register in time. Places are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be aware that we have to set registration deadlines for some events.
- After registration, you will receive a confirmation of participation with details about the event and how to pay.
- Please inform us promptly if you need to cancel your registration. A refund is only possible if the place can be assigned to someone else.
- Please be aware that photographs and videos are taken during the events for the purposes of documentation and publicity of the FRIENDS OF THE MUSEUM and the Jewish Museum Berlin.
- The management reserves the right to make changes to the program.
Can I bring a friend?
You are usually welcome to bring another person to our events. Simply ask us when you register.
Can I take part in one of the FRIENDS events if I'm not (yet) a member?
You are welcome to try out one of the events of the cultural program, exchange ideas with FRIENDS OF THE JMB, and then decide whether you would like to become a member.
With membership to the FRIENDS, you can get closer – to the conversation, and the JMB. Experience an exclusive cultural program and get to know the JMB up close. Your membership fees also make it possible for others to take part in tours and educational programs at the JMB.
Member Support and Events Program
T +49 (0)30 259 93 471
Do you want to get involved? Then let's become FRIENDS!
- FRIENDS OF THE JMB – Overview of the friends’ association of the Jewish Museum Berlin
- Become a member – Experience the JMB up close with FRIENDS
- Gift membership – Give your loved ones a very special gift
- Donate – Support important projects with your donation
- Current page: Cultural program – Experience the JMB up close with FRIENDS
- Corporate membership – Advocate for an open society by supporting the JMB
- Prize for Understanding and Tolerance – Every year, the JMB and the FRIENDS honor exceptional individuals for their engagement
- See also
- Support – other ways to help the JMB