on.tour: The Jewish Museum Berlin Tours Schools
Our Traveling Educational Program for Schools All Across Germany
on.tour: The Jewish Museum Berlin Tours Schools is a traveling educational program that has been visiting secondary schools and other institutions across Germany since 2007. This way we can reach kids and teens who would otherwise not have a chance to visit the Jewish Museum Berlin.
- On each scheduled week-long tour, three presenters in a small bus bring a mobile exhibition to five schools in a particular state of Germany.
- on.tour is a regular guest at the Plötzensee juvenile offenders’ institution, as well as trade fairs and expos, most recently the Leipzig Book Fair and didacta.
- By invitation, on.tour also travels to city festivals, Jewish cultural days, church open houses, and other occasions, where we explain Jewish culture, history, and religion.
- A mobile educational program that visits your school free of charge during the tour
- A mobile exhibition about Jewish life, culture, and history
More about the exhibition ...
- Interactive tours of the mobile exhibition for students aged 10 and older, spanning two class periods (90 minutes)
- Workshops spanning three class periods (135 minutes), either about growing up Jewish after 1945 (It Was as Simple as That), suitable for ages 14 and older, or about Jewish life in Germany today (My Page(s)), suitable for ages 13 and older
More about the workshops ...
- An opportunity for students to explore Jewish history, culture, and religion actively and directly
- Selected exhibition artifacts relating to teenage lives
In 2017, we are once again visiting schools in eight German states free of charge. Schools can now apply to be part of their state’s tour using our online on.tour application form.
Apply now ...
2017 tour schedule:
|State||Tour Dates||Application Deadline|
|Mecklenburg-West Pomerania||20 to 24 March||3 February 2017|
|Saxony-Anhalt||3 to 7 April||17 February 2017|
|Saxony||12 to 16 June||5 May 2017|
|Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein||3 to 7 July||12 May 2017|
|Thuringian||4 to 8 September||2 June 2017|
|Lower Saxony/Bremenn||18 to 22 September||24 May 2017|