on.tour: The Jewish Museum Berlin Tours Schools was a traveling educational program that visited secondary schools and other institutions across Germany from 2007 to 2018. This way we could reach kids and teens who would otherwise not have had a chance to visit the Jewish Museum Berlin.
In 2020, the Jewish Museum Berlin will open its new core exhibition and a children's museum across the street. Building on the programmatic reorientation associated with these major projects, the outreach program will also be developed further in line with the times starting in 2019 (more on the new outreach programs).
- You can book on.tour for your desired location and dates – please contact us.
- on.tour is a regular guest at the Plötzensee juvenile offenders’ institution, as well as trade fairs and expos, most recently the Leipzig Book Fair and didacta.
- By invitation, on.tour also travels to city festivals, Jewish cultural days, church open houses, and other occasions, where we explain Jewish culture, history, and religion.
- A mobile exhibition about Jewish life, culture, and history
More about the exhibition ...
- Interactive tours of the mobile exhibition for students aged 10 and older, spanning two class periods (90 minutes)
- Workshops spanning three class periods (135 minutes), either about growing up Jewish after 1945 (It Was as Simple as That), suitable for ages 14 and older, or about Jewish life in Germany today (My Page(s)), suitable for ages 13 and older
More about the workshops ...
- An opportunity for students to explore Jewish history, culture, and religion actively and directly
- Selected exhibition artifacts relating to teenage lives
Share, Newsletter, Feedback
A Day on.tour
Organizational and content-related information
A Suitcase Full of Surprises
Mobile educational program for elementary schools in Berlin and Brandenburg
A Visit to Plötzensee Juvenile Offenders’ Institution
Kosher – Don't You Have That in Islam, Too?
An exchange program between two Berlin schools