A razor blade, a roll of fabric, a piano: just a few words from writer Etgar Keret’s mosaic of memories of his mother, now to be found in nine short stories written exclusively for the Inside Out exhibition. The exhibition is like a search for clues in which visitors gradually grow familiar with both the mother’s personality and her son’s writing. With the guidance of Dalik Sojref, an educational consultant for the museum, and Guido Rademacher, who teaches creative writing at Alice Salomon University of Applied Sciences Berlin, the participants in the accompanying writing workshop will try their own hand at creative writing.
Lindenstraße 9–14, 10969 Berlin
What techniques are there to help get you into a flow while writing? How do memories form of your mother or another person close to you? What associations do the objects in the exhibition evoke? In this workshop, participants will write texts on the theme of “mother” or a related subject. They will discuss fragments and topics with the group and present their first drafts. Afterwards, a tour with speakers Dalik Sojref or Sapir Hubermann will provide an opportunity to discover the exhibition Inside Out - Etgar Keret. The visit will conclude with a thematic lunch in the museum café.
Participants will explore the short story as a literary form as well as the medium of the exhibition, developing strategies for independent writing and reflecting on their own and others’ language acquisition.
Exhibition Inside Out – Etgar Keret: Features & Programs
- Exhibition Webpage
- Inside Out – Etgar Keret – 21 Oct 2022 to 19 Mar 2023
- Digital Content
- A Peculiar Kinship – Etgar Keret and Daniel Kehlmann in conversation, video recording of the event on 29 Nov 2022
- Accompanying Events
- Exhibition Opening – with Etgar Keret and JMB director Hetty Berg, 20 Oct 2022, in German and English
- Writing workshop On Mothers – with fixed dates, in German
- Writing workshop On Mothers – by appointment, in German
- Writing workshop On Mothers – for classes from grades 7 to 13, by appointment, in German
- Screening of The Middleman – Miniseries by Etgar Keret and Shira Geffen, 27 Nov 2022, in German
- See also
- Etgar Keret, author and screenwriter
Where, when, what?
- 20 Nov, 11 Dec, 29 Jan, 5 Feb, 26 Feb, 19 Mar, 11 am–3 pm
- 4 hours
Lindenstraße 9–14, 10969 BerlinSee location on map
20 €, reduced rate 16 €
The workshop will be conducted in German. The written language is chosen by the participants.
group of adults or for a school class.This workshop can also be booked on a different date for a