Arnold Dreyblatt (Artist)
Arnold Dreyblatt was born in New York City in 1953 and studied composition, ethnomusicology, and media. He has lived in Berlin since 1984.
His work has been shown in exhibitions, recorded, and featured in numerous publications. Among them are
- Turntable History, Galerie Singuhr, Berlin (2009)
- Inventar/Inventur, MAK Vienna (2008)
- Memory Lost, Galerie e/static, Turin (2007)
- Innocent Questions, Center for Holocaust and Minorities, Oslo, Norway (2006)
- Ephemeris Epigraphica, National Gallery in the Hamburger Bahnhof Museum for Contemporary Art, Berlin (2006)
- The Wunderblock , Kunstverein Hannover (2003)
- Aus den Archiven, Stadtgalerie Saarbrücken (2002)
- The ReCollection Mechanism, Jewish Museum, New York (2001)
Arnold Dreyblatt has also held various teaching posts. In 1979 he taught film to children with intellectual disabilities in East Harlem, New York. He has been a professor of media art at the Muthesius Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Kiel since 2009 and was elected to the Academy of Fine Arts in Berlin in 2007.