The Academic Advisory Council of the Jewish Museum Berlin is appointed by the Board of Trustees of the Jewish Museum Berlin. It was established on 28 June 2019. According to its statutes, members of the council are appointed or reappointed every five years. The council advises the Board of Trustees and the director on specialist topics.
Its current members are:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Dan Diner – Professor Emeritus of Modern History at the Hebrew University of Jerusalum and former Director of the Simon Dubnow Institute for Jewish History and Culture.
Prof. Dr. Stefanie Schüler-Springorum – Director of the Center for Anti-Semitism Research at the Technical University of Berlin.
- Prof. Dr. Michael Brenner – Professor of Jewish History and Culture at the University of Munich, and Seymour and Lillian Abensohn Chair in Israel Studies at the American University in Washington, D.C., USA
- Prof. Dr. Anja Dauschek – Director of the Altonaer Museum in Hamburg since 2017
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Hahn – Professor of German at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, USA
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Christoph Markschies – Professor of Ancient Christianity and Director of the Institute Church and Judaism at Humboldt University of Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Angelika Neuwirth – Professor Emerita of Arabic studies at the Free University of Berlin